With so many home improvement themed shows available on TV now, it is confusing which one is worth watching. If you are a person on a budget but would still want to learn more about how to make some good house changes then the best show to watch is HGTV’s Design On A Dime. Unlike other home design shows, DOAD is for budget conscious people. They take one space/room in a home and re-decorate it with just a budget of $1000. It could be a boring bedroom, an overly cluttered living room or an outdated kitchen, the team of talented designers make incredibly impressive transformations!
The show is hosted by different well-known designers. Lee Snijders is the original host and lead designer. Each year, the show creates new teams to take over the show. Other hosts are Sam Kivett, and Kristand Cunningham. It premiered in 2001 and is still currently running on HGTV once a week.
- Posted by editor on August 15th, 2015 filed in Home Renovation Tips
Some house remodeling tasks can either be undertaken by the owners themselves or contracted out to professionals or experts on the field. Which ever way the owner wants the task done, before starting any remodeling project, the first thing to be considered is the estimation of the cost.
To approximate the cost, the house owner must be able to compare prices among various outlets from where he will be making purchases of the materials to be used. This way he is able to get the most out of his money. In other cases too, the house owner, in order to save himself the time, may just entrust the cost estimation to his contractor.
1. Money – How much are you willing to spend on kitchen renovation. Money is important and so is our budget. Know the limits of your budget and how much you are willing to spend for your dream kitchen renovation project, for a better estimation of renovation plans and materials that would best suit your budget.
2. Time – How much time are you willing to spend on the project will you still be able to go about on your work and other personal stuff. Create an attainable schedule which comfortable and beneficial to you and your project.
3. Design – Do a research on designs and layout that you would like to incorporate on your kitchen renovation project and work out a plan
4. Consultation – Consult a Interior Designer to work out you ideas and design including the time and budget of the project.
- Posted by editor on July 31st, 2015 filed in Home Renovation Tips
Sometimes, all you need to do is spruce up your cabinets and shelves to make your kitchen looking new and lovely and more functional. There are two ways to actually do it: either you tear down the cabinet and replace them with new ones or by repainting and streamlining them to achieve a fresh look.
Once you have decided to replace your old cabinets, be careful in choosing the materials that you will use. Pick the ones that can stand the test of weather, time and use. Remodeling is a major investment therefore you have to make sure that your money’s worth can go a long way.
- Posted by Simon on July 24th, 2015 filed in Home Renovation Ideas, Home Renovation Tips, Information
With today’s economy, most people are very careful of how they spend their money. You don’t have to sacrifice your home’s style, however, by following some simple tips to updating your home’s look:
1.Update your floor’s look. You can change a room’s look by replacing your worn-out laminates with new tiles, installing new hardwood floors. Also, since you now have a better idea of the amount of traffic that goes through the room, you can now choose a flooring that would be easier to clean and more durable, depending on usage.
2.Change your lighting. An accent that is usually overlooked, light fixtures can do a lot towards updating your room’s look. You can even help the environment and save on electric bills by choosing the newer energy-efficient models.
3.Replace your old wallpaper. If it’s peeling and dated, then please, throw it away and replace it. You’ll have a lot of fun choosing new patterns, and you don’t even have to be committed to using wallpaper again. You can repaint your walls if you prefer.
- Posted by Simon on July 17th, 2015 filed in Information
Home remodeling may sound really simple, but we have some tips for that, the first thing that you should do and the most important tips are to budget your project. You should make sure that you do have enough money to start and finish this remodel job. Just make it sure that you do have enough money to remodel your house.
1. Wall shelves – great for maximizing vertical space. Use your wall space from the floor to the ceiling.
2. Door storage – there is a variety to choose from: whether shelves or racks, don’t hesitate to hook space savers at the back of your doors.
3. Trunks – Trunks are big and they’re spacious inside: perfect for storing linen or old books and toys. You don’t have to worry about the space it occupies for it can double as a coffee table or as a mini bench.
4. Ottomans – are very much like trunks, only the other way around. They’re initially made for seating or as foot rests but they do have space inside that can hold stuff as well.
- Posted by editor on July 3rd, 2015 filed in Home Renovation Tips
Perhaps one of the most expensive part of the house to remodel is the kitchen. Hence many people just don’t want to touch their kitchen unless they have ample budget for the project. But there are ways to work on your kitchen project despite your limited resources.
1) Compare prices in various home improvement centers. Mark the one that offers the best deal for you money.
2) Don’t touch the cabinets. Doing them all over requires quite a sum of money. You can however make them look new by repainting or putting a little accent such as new knobs or handles.
3) If your cabinets are movable, you can move them or rearrange them to give your kitchen a new twist.
4) Instead of using expensive tiles or granite on your countertops, laminate them instead.
5) Inspect the flooring. If you think it is still good enough, leave it as is. A good cleansing chemical might just do the trick to make the floor cleaner and brighter.
- Posted by editor on June 26th, 2015 filed in Information
At all cost, avoid jumping from one room to another without finishing the last one you started. This will prevent utter confusion on your part with the look you intend to achieve for your house. Make sure to have a definite master plan on what it is you want each room to represent or express so that you don’t end up mixing the ideas in one room. Take into consideration the person who is going to be using the room and make sure it does not contradict with their sense of style as this could actually spell the difference between being a home buddy and a party animal.
- Posted by Simon on June 19th, 2015 filed in Designers, Energy Saving Tips, Home Renovation Ideas, Home Renovation Tips, Information, Space Saving Tips
Image source: www.flickr.com
Some say that our homes reflect our personality. But what about busy buddies who work almost all day and have no time to fix their houses? I don’t agree that it reflects who you really are but rather what kin of lifestyle you have. But still, we need to fix our homes to make it more inviting for visitors that we can invite them for dinner or parties.
The very thing about house makeover is that you must know what you want it to look like. The themes of houses range from cultural, foreign, modern and a whole lot more. It is up to you what you want and what relaxes you. After all, houses are decorated to give comfort to the owner.
Japanese houses are known for simplicity. Mexicans are for their warm colors and many more. If you are interested in modern themes, do not put too much furniture on it.
All that you have to remember before after choosing what you want id that minimize the usage of bulky furniture. It makes the house look crowded.