- Posted by editor on October 22nd, 2014 filed in Home Renovation Tips
If you happen to visit a home furnishing shop, you might be astounded to find out so many new and modern and lovely designs for bathrooms, it can be confusing which one to pick. But don’t be too carried away by the amazing displays you see in these shops. Be prudent.
Firstly, make up your mind about your purpose in remodeling your bathroom. Why do you want to remodel it anyway? Is it for convenience and comfort? Or is it plainly to satisfy your want for aesthetics? These questions will guide you in selecting and deciding which bathroom fixtures and design you really need and want.
- Posted by Yra on October 15th, 2014 filed in Home Renovation Ideas
The Ace Hardware website (www.acehardware.com), like its physical counterpart, strives to be “the helpful place” for everything home-related. Interactive project videos touch on the different aspects of building, from floor to ceiling, electrical to plumbing. The Step-by-Step how-tos provide detailed instructions for a variety of projects. FAQs are organized by category; Learning Guides and the Helpful Hardware Man’s Corner are there to answer your questions. There are also sections on Lawn & Garden Advice, Preparing for Natural Disaster. Paint Tips has the most comprehensive advice, which offers something from all of the above sections, plus a Paint Estimator and Paint Visualizer.
Here are some basic safety tips when you remodel your home:
1. Invest in safety gear. Things like safety goggles, work gloves and dusk masks protect you from sustaining injuries.
2. Read the manual. Understand you tools first – especially power tools – before you use them. Follow proper maintenance and instructions of use to avoid accidents. Unplug them when not in use and do not leave them lying around.
3. When using knife, cut away from you. Watch your fingers. Keep your knives properly. This goes for all your sharp and pointed tools.
4. Keep a chemical fire extinguisher in case of any fires.
5. Let professionals handle your electric and gas systems.
6. Don’t rush. Haste is not only waste, but may also lead to injuries.
7. Be careful when handling products with asbestos. It’s best to consult your local environment health department for guidance.
- Posted by Simon on October 1st, 2014 filed in Designers, Energy Saving Tips, Home Renovation Ideas, Home Renovation Tips, Information, Space Saving Tips
Image source: www.flickr.com
Some say that our homes reflect our personality. But what about busy buddies who work almost all day and have no time to fix their houses? I don’t agree that it reflects who you really are but rather what kin of lifestyle you have. But still, we need to fix our homes to make it more inviting for visitors that we can invite them for dinner or parties.
The very thing about house makeover is that you must know what you want it to look like. The themes of houses range from cultural, foreign, modern and a whole lot more. It is up to you what you want and what relaxes you. After all, houses are decorated to give comfort to the owner.
Japanese houses are known for simplicity. Mexicans are for their warm colors and many more. If you are interested in modern themes, do not put too much furniture on it.
All that you have to remember before after choosing what you want id that minimize the usage of bulky furniture. It makes the house look crowded.
- Posted by Simon on September 24th, 2014 filed in Information
Home remodeling may sound really simple, but we have some tips for that, the first thing that you should do and the most important tips are to budget your project. You should make sure that you do have enough money to start and finish this remodel job. Just make it sure that you do have enough money to remodel your house.
- Posted by Simon on September 17th, 2014 filed in Information
Remodeling the house is the easiest way to increase the value of your home, it is very much enough to provide remodeling for existing rooms in your home and to improve exterior design as well. Any kind of the home remodeling is an improvement; People like to do remodeling because they want to live in the best dream home
- Posted by Simon on September 10th, 2014 filed in Home Renovation Ideas, Home Renovation Tips, Information, Safety
Common as a problem with cinder block or cemented walls, they can be caused by many reasons, one of which may be a failure to neutralize the wall before painting. A freshly plastered walls should be allowed to dry, then neutralized, allowing the correct PH for the paint to adhere properly. There are however all-around paints that need no neutralizing, having within it blended, is a neutralizing agent that does it for you. Should you have this problem, the best course of action would be to strip the wall and neutralize it, leaving it to dry off for a day or two, based on the direction of the product you are using. Read the rest of this entry »
- Posted by Simon on September 3rd, 2014 filed in Home Renovation Ideas
Fancying for some pieces of fabulous artwork but don’t have the money to buy it just yet? Check your linen drawers. You might just find something there.
- 18” x 18” (or larger) cloth table napkin/s
- 14” x 14” wood frame (used for canvas paintings)
- Large wire stapler
How to make it:
- Make sure that linen napkin is free of wrinkles and creases. Iron out first if possible.
- Position the napkin with the wrong side up on a flat surface.
- Place the wood frame on top, right at the center of the napkin.
- Fold one corner up into a “hospital corner” Read the rest of this entry »
- Posted by Simon on August 27th, 2014 filed in Information
If you were considering a home repair and improvement project, here is some of the information you definitely need to know before getting started, as with any other repair project around the house, you will need your financial situation, just to buy whatever the things you would like to in your house.
- Posted by editor on August 20th, 2014 filed in Home Renovation Tips
The best way to get intimate with one’s home is by filling it up with personalized items. There’s nothing cozier and more familiar than a spot filled with sentimental pieces. Invest on furniture and decorations that has been personally crafted by you or some friends. You would find that these are more appealing than the ridiculously expensive ones you can buy at shops. This will also serve as memorabilia which could provide you the much needed energy lift when you’re feeling stressed because of the feeling of nostalgia it is associated with. These things are also good conversation pieces for you and your guests.