- Posted by editor on July 31st, 2015 filed in Home Renovation Tips
Sometimes, all you need to do is spruce up your cabinets and shelves to make your kitchen looking new and lovely and more functional. There are two ways to actually do it: either you tear down the cabinet and replace them with new ones or by repainting and streamlining them to achieve a fresh look.
Once you have decided to replace your old cabinets, be careful in choosing the materials that you will use. Pick the ones that can stand the test of weather, time and use. Remodeling is a major investment therefore you have to make sure that your money’s worth can go a long way.
- Posted by Simon on July 24th, 2015 filed in Home Renovation Ideas, Home Renovation Tips, Information
With today’s economy, most people are very careful of how they spend their money. You don’t have to sacrifice your home’s style, however, by following some simple tips to updating your home’s look:
1.Update your floor’s look. You can change a room’s look by replacing your worn-out laminates with new tiles, installing new hardwood floors. Also, since you now have a better idea of the amount of traffic that goes through the room, you can now choose a flooring that would be easier to clean and more durable, depending on usage.
2.Change your lighting. An accent that is usually overlooked, light fixtures can do a lot towards updating your room’s look. You can even help the environment and save on electric bills by choosing the newer energy-efficient models.
3.Replace your old wallpaper. If it’s peeling and dated, then please, throw it away and replace it. You’ll have a lot of fun choosing new patterns, and you don’t even have to be committed to using wallpaper again. You can repaint your walls if you prefer.
- Posted by Simon on July 17th, 2015 filed in Information
Home remodeling may sound really simple, but we have some tips for that, the first thing that you should do and the most important tips are to budget your project. You should make sure that you do have enough money to start and finish this remodel job. Just make it sure that you do have enough money to remodel your house.
1. Wall shelves – great for maximizing vertical space. Use your wall space from the floor to the ceiling.
2. Door storage – there is a variety to choose from: whether shelves or racks, don’t hesitate to hook space savers at the back of your doors.
3. Trunks – Trunks are big and they’re spacious inside: perfect for storing linen or old books and toys. You don’t have to worry about the space it occupies for it can double as a coffee table or as a mini bench.
4. Ottomans – are very much like trunks, only the other way around. They’re initially made for seating or as foot rests but they do have space inside that can hold stuff as well.
- Posted by editor on July 3rd, 2015 filed in Home Renovation Tips
Perhaps one of the most expensive part of the house to remodel is the kitchen. Hence many people just don’t want to touch their kitchen unless they have ample budget for the project. But there are ways to work on your kitchen project despite your limited resources.
1) Compare prices in various home improvement centers. Mark the one that offers the best deal for you money.
2) Don’t touch the cabinets. Doing them all over requires quite a sum of money. You can however make them look new by repainting or putting a little accent such as new knobs or handles.
3) If your cabinets are movable, you can move them or rearrange them to give your kitchen a new twist.
4) Instead of using expensive tiles or granite on your countertops, laminate them instead.
5) Inspect the flooring. If you think it is still good enough, leave it as is. A good cleansing chemical might just do the trick to make the floor cleaner and brighter.
- Posted by editor on June 26th, 2015 filed in Information
At all cost, avoid jumping from one room to another without finishing the last one you started. This will prevent utter confusion on your part with the look you intend to achieve for your house. Make sure to have a definite master plan on what it is you want each room to represent or express so that you don’t end up mixing the ideas in one room. Take into consideration the person who is going to be using the room and make sure it does not contradict with their sense of style as this could actually spell the difference between being a home buddy and a party animal.
- Posted by Simon on June 19th, 2015 filed in Designers, Energy Saving Tips, Home Renovation Ideas, Home Renovation Tips, Information, Space Saving Tips
Image source: www.flickr.com
Some say that our homes reflect our personality. But what about busy buddies who work almost all day and have no time to fix their houses? I don’t agree that it reflects who you really are but rather what kin of lifestyle you have. But still, we need to fix our homes to make it more inviting for visitors that we can invite them for dinner or parties.
The very thing about house makeover is that you must know what you want it to look like. The themes of houses range from cultural, foreign, modern and a whole lot more. It is up to you what you want and what relaxes you. After all, houses are decorated to give comfort to the owner.
Japanese houses are known for simplicity. Mexicans are for their warm colors and many more. If you are interested in modern themes, do not put too much furniture on it.
All that you have to remember before after choosing what you want id that minimize the usage of bulky furniture. It makes the house look crowded.
- Posted by editor on June 12th, 2015 filed in Home Renovation Ideas, Home Renovation Tips, Information
Everybody remembers the old days when dad used a hammer and saw to make the garden furniture, fixes the fence and many other stuff. Those days were replaced by contractors who bill you everything from the turning of a screw to more complicated thousand dollar jobs. The recession doesn’t mean people’s desire of improving their homes has diminished, it goes the other way.
With more time on their hands, people are finding odd jobs around the house to pass time and do something worthwhile that they can be proud of. Say, repainting the kitchen or bath, upgrading the den and cleaning and re-finishing the deck. All these can be done easy with the right tools and a little elbow grease. Gather ideas from magazines and other print media so you have a visual clue on what has to be done.
- Posted by Simon on June 5th, 2015 filed in Information
While you starting the home remodeling, these are the some points that you will surely guarantee and it will be a good venture it is the best thing that you can do to your family and it is the good investment in the future. Just repair everything that needs to be repaired, this is the fist thing that you should do.
Any equipment installed into a house that has served more than ten years may have to be replaced, not only because they are not working but because they consume more electricity and thus cost you more in the long run. Air conditioning, central heating elements and many other systems that are installed into a home need constant monitoring and maintenance or else they risk breaking down in the most unexpected times. Newer models also have the advantage of the inclusion of newer more energy efficient parts that saves you money in the long run.
The older the appliance the lower the safety of such older equipment due to normal wear and tear that it goes through every time you use it. The old reliable one might still have some life to it but try to look out of the box and visualize the overall efficiency of your AC for example and compare it to newer models, they might cost you now, but would surely save you more in the future.